Youths serving on the Advisory Committee will provide input to the Village Board and communicate with other youths regarding Village issues.
Participants must be a high school Junior or Senior and a resident of the Village of Churchville. Candidates must have parental permission and be recommended by their school advisor/administrator. Candidates must submit an essay on “Why I want to serve my community on the Youth Advisory Committee” by (date to be determined). Finalists will be interviewed by the Mayor and appointments announced at a Board meeting.
The Committee would consist of no more than five members. A Village Trustee would be the committee Mentor. The committee would report to the Mayor on all issues. Minutes/notes will be recorded for all meetings.
- Attend Village Board meetings
- Rotate participation of sitting at the VB table on a monthly basis.
- Attend Planning Board monthly meetings
- Attend Zoning Board meeting
- Participate on several Village committees of their choice
- Submit articles to the Village Newsletter
- Liaison to local youth
- Serve 20 weeks/half a school year.
Youth Advisory Committee Members – Trustees Scott Cullen and Deputy Mayor Diane Pusateri