Waste Management collects refuse every Wednesday. Refuse should be placed at the curb no EARLIER than 6 pm on Tuesday or no LATER than 6 am on Wednesday. Please be sure to put your garbage out on time.
- Appliance / Furniture Items:
Call the Village Office at 585-293-3720 before 3:00pm the day before scheduled trash pickup, to add yourself to the list for appliance/furniture pick up. These items will not be picked up unless it is on the list since a different truck is used for this purpose.
- Recycling Bins & Garbage Toters:
Recycling Bins maybe be picked up at the Village Office from 8:30-4:00. If you need a garbage toter call 585-293-3720 or stop in to be added to the list and your toter will be dropped off at your house on the next garbage day.
Monroe County Recycling
Waste Management Holiday Schedule:
2022 Holiday Schedule
Memorial Day – Refuse will be picked up on Thursday, June 2nd
Independence Day – Refuse will be picked up on Thursday, July 7th
Labor Day – Refuse will be picked up on Thursday, September 8th
All other pickups will be on Wednesdays.
- The Village of Churchville offers residential curbside brush collection on the first and third Monday of the month April through October.
To ensure successful brush collection please abide by the following requirements:
- All brush shall be out and ready for pick up the Sunday evening prior to pick up.
- Collection is for residential pruning only.
- No commercial or industrial pickups.
- No tree contractor waste of any kind. If a contractor is used to perform this work, the contractor is responsible for hauling away ALL materials.
- No whole tree removals of any kind.
- Limbs shall be no greater than 8 inches in diameter and no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Piles must be neatly stacked and no more than 6 feet by 8 feet and shall be 5 feet or less in height.
- Piles shall be neatly stacked parallel to the road with all cut ends facing the same direction.
- No root balls, tree stumps, lumber, fencing, decking, discarded firewood, concrete, dirt, trash or remodeling debris will be collected.
- ONE pile per address per pickup.
- No private roads or driveway collection.
- Piles shall be in the front of the property between the sidewalk and curb without blocking the sidewalk or road.
- Do not place near fire hydrants.
- Small items such as grass clippings, mulch, nuts, twigs and leaves shall be placed in biodegradable paper bags or they will not be picked up.
- Vines and limbs with thorns shall be bundled neatly with twine and not exceed 50 pounds.
The crew will not make return trips to collected areas. The village reserves the right to decline pick-up for any reason.
- Leaf pick up will begin in the fall and will be picked up when needed until it snows. Leaves should be in a pile in the right of way free of sticks and any other debris. Any time other than fall, leaves should be put in biodegradable paper bags. Please try not to pile leaves in the road as this could cause traffic hazards and be more apt to plug up storm water drains.
Christmas Trees can be left in the right of way after Christmas to be picked up, or they can be dropped off at the Spruce Wood Nature Center on Park Road across from the Elementary School.
The Village of Churchville owns dumpsters that are available for Village residents to rent. Dumpsters are available on a first-come first-serve basis. An application must be filled out at the Village Office and a fee is due before delivery. Dumpsters will be picked up on Monday mornings. These dumpsters are to be used for the following materials only: remodeling materials (no asbestos, stone, metal or concrete) and general household clean-up materials. Roofing materials may be put into the dumpsters but can only fill the dumpster half full due to the weight.