The DPW’s responsibilities include:
- Road Maintenance
- Street and sidewalk maintenance and repairs
- Plowing streets and sidewalks
- Installation and maintenance of street signs
- Village fleet and equipment maintenance
- Street Sweeping
- Municipal electric system (operation and maintenance)
- Brush and lawn debris pickup
- Installation and maintenance of storm sewers and retention ponds
- Maintenance and cleaning of sanitary sewers and maintenance of the Pump Stations
- Village building and property maintenance
- Mowing and plantings
- Planting and maintaining trees on the Village owned property, right of ways and in the cemetery
- Cemetery maintenance (mowing and trimming) and burial openings/closings
- Installation and removal of Christmas decorations and banners on poles
- Maintenance, installation and removal of street planter boxes, benches and garbage cans
- GIS Mapping and GPS Village utilities
If you have a concern about plowing on a particular road, please check the following map to verify whether the road is maintained by the village, town, county, state, or other entity. Then contact the appropriate agency (see right).
Between November 1st and May 1st 2:00 am – 6:00 am no vehicle shall be parked within the legal right-of-way, in or upon any public street or highway in the Village. Any cars parked in above area during said times may be ticketed. Please note special winter parking regulations in the municipal parking lot on S Main St.
If your mailbox gets damaged during snow removal by village snowplows, the Village of Churchville Department of Public Works will repair or replace your mailbox. Your mailbox will be replaced with a standard galvanized steel or aluminum box on a standard 4’x4’ wooden post. It is recommended if you have any other mail box than a standard galvanized steel mailbox on a standard 4’x4’ wooden post you remove it and replace it with the standard mailbox for the winter months. If your mailbox does get damaged, please contact the Department of Public Works at 585-293-3366. If you live on East or West Buffalo St, North or South Main St, Park Rd or Sanford Rd and your mailbox gets damaged, please call the Town of Riga Highway Department at 585-293-2530.
The railroad and crossings through Churchville are owned and maintained by CSX. If you have a question or complaint please use the “Contact Us” page of their website. Under TellCSX select a category and continue on.
For railroad emergencies please contact CSX immediately at 1-800-232-0144 or call 911.
- The Village of Churchville offers residential curbside brush collection on the first and third Monday of the month April through October.
To ensure successful brush collection please abide by the following requirements:
- All brush shall be out and ready for pick up the Sunday evening prior to pick up.
- Collection is for residential pruning only.
- No commercial or industrial pickups.
- No tree contractor waste of any kind. If a contractor is used to perform this work, the contractor is responsible for hauling away ALL materials.
- No whole tree removals of any kind.
- Limbs shall be no greater than 8 inches in diameter and no longer than 6 feet in length.
- Piles must be neatly stacked and no more than 6 feet by 8 feet and shall be 5 feet or less in height.
- Piles shall be neatly stacked parallel to the road with all cut ends facing the same direction.
- No root balls, tree stumps, lumber, fencing, decking, discarded firewood, concrete, dirt, trash or remodeling debris will be collected.
- ONE pile per address per pickup.
- No private roads or driveway collection.
- Piles shall be in the front of the property between the sidewalk and curb without blocking the sidewalk or road.
- Do not place near fire hydrants.
- Small items such as grass clippings, mulch, nuts, twigs and leaves shall be placed in biodegradable paper bags or they will not be picked up.
- Vines and limbs with thorns shall be bundled neatly with twine and not exceed 50 pounds.
The crew will not make return trips to collected areas. The village reserves the right to decline pick-up for any reason.
- Leaf pick up will begin in the fall and will be picked up when needed until it snows. Leaves should be in a pile in the right of way free of sticks and any other debris. Any time other than fall, leaves should be put in biodegradable paper bags. Please try not to pile leaves in the road as this could cause traffic hazards and be more apt to plug up storm water drains.
Christmas Trees can be left in the right of way after Christmas to be picked up or they can be dropped off at the Spruce Wood Nature Center on Park Road across from the Elementary School.
The Village of Churchville maintains the sanitary and storm sewer system throughout the Village. If you have any questions or concerns please call the Department of Public Works (DPW) at 585-293-3366.
The Village offers assistance in helping residents remove illegal connections to sanitary sewer systems such as sump pumps or roof drains. Please call the DPW for more information.
The current rate for one residential sewer unit is $33/month [this rate went into effect March 2015].
Sewer Inspection Requirements
When selling your home your attorney is responsible for calling the Village of Churchville to schedule a sewer inspection. The reason a sewer inspection is needed is to make sure there are no illegal connections.
The Village offers assistance in helping residents remove illegal connections to sanitary sewer systems such as sump pumps and roof drains.
Relevy of Unpaid Sewers to Taxes
After January 20th of each year, any unpaid sewer bill will be added to your Village tax bill.
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00am – 3:30pm
Summer Hours: (Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Mon-Thurs: 6:30am – 3:30pm
Fri: 6:30am – 12:30pm
44 N Main Street
Churchville, NY 14428