The Village of Churchville is now accepting applications for the part-time position (up to 20 hrs per week) of Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer/Fire Marshal, and Floodplain Coordinator.
The successful applicant must be a self-starter with good interpersonal skills. Possession of a current NYS Basic Code Enforcement Training certificate is preferred or be in the process of successfully completing certification within one year of appointment.
- Reviewing construction and engineering plans and specifications for compliance with building codes, zoning ordinances, and all applicable laws and regulations,
- Inspection of buildings and structures under construction, renovation, or repair,
- Issuing building permits and certificates of occupancy,
- Investigation of complaints and violations of building codes, and issuing warnings and citations as appropriate,
- Attending one Village Board meeting per month, and Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings as scheduled,
- Maintaining accurate records of inspections
$23.00/hr-$25.00/hr based on experience
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D program
- Valid NYS Driver License
- Preferred: One (1) year of paid full-time or part-time equivalent responsible experience as a Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer, preferably from a municipality.
- Familiarity with construction of residential and commercial buildings, materials, and building methods is highly preferred.
Applications are available at the Village of Churchville during regular business hours, Mondays through Fridays 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
Send application, resume and cover letter to:
Village of Churchville
23 E. Buffalo Street
PO Box 613
Churchville, NY 14428
The Village of Churchville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.